RUBBISH EXPRESS LTD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
CONDITIONS OF HIRE- CONTAINERS NOT TO BE MOVED ONCE DEPOSITED – MAXIMUM
LOAD 7 TONNES
1. Customers warrant that with respect to each container ordered
to be placed other than on private property the permission of
the Highways Authority has been duly obtained under Section 31
of the Highways Act 1971, and Customers undertake that they will
ensure that all conditions subject to which the aforesaid permission
is granted shall be observed at all time and in particular will
secure that the container will be properly lighted during the
hours of darkness. (Where no traffic cones are required a lamp
shall be placed against or attached to each corner of the skip
or the end corners of a row of skip ; Where traffic cones are
required as in above but in addition a lamp shall be placed between
each cone and the next).Customers shall also ensure the safe
loading of material into the containers. The company will not
be liable for any penalties or other liabilities arising as a
result of the failure of the customer to comply with Section
31 of the Highways Act 1979. The company reserve the right to
request supporting documentation from the customer relating to
compliance with Council road permits and suspended bay authorisations.
Responsibility for maintaining validity of said permits and authorisations
and of keeping the company updated remain with the customer at
2. Customers requesting or ordering vehicles delivering or collecting
containers to leave the public highway shall reimburse us in
respect of any loss, costs, claims, damages or expenses we may
thereby sustain whether as a result of damage to the vehicles
themselves or the property of customers or third parties but
so that we remain liable in respect of any negligence on the
part of ourselves or our employees.
3. Customers shall reimburse us in respect of any loss or damage
to the containers whilst on hire to them from whatsoever cause
the same may arise (fair wear and tear excepted). They shall
also fully indemnify us in respect of any claims for injury to
persons or property arising out of the use of the containers
whilst on hire to them howsoever the same may be caused or arise.
4. That the waste material is of such nature that regulations
issued by the Secretary of State under the Deposit of Poisonous
Waste Act 1972 (hereinafter called the “Act”) in
force on the date of the removal of each loaded container exempt
the waste material being removed from the provisions of the Actor
5. That the required notice has been served under the provisions
of Section 3 (1) of the Act on the required Authorities in the
form required by Section 3 (2) of Act covering the removal of
each loaded container.
6. Skip can be hired for a maximum period of 30 days only.
7. The company will comply with and observe all aspects of the
highways Act, when delivering or collecting a container. If,
in the process of delivering a container as per the customer
instructions, the company receive any fines from Highways Agencies
or Local Authorities, the customer will be liable to the penalty.
8. Should the company become aware that customers have our containers
and are not in compliance with the above terms and conditions
of hire, we reserve the right to remove the container immediately,
9. Customers ordering containers to be placed on their private
property such as: garden, driveway, pavement etc, taking a full
responsibility in case if any damage will be done to it.
10.We do not supply any protective netting, covers or lights,
that lies the responsibility of the hirer.
11.. No container shall contain any inflammable, explosive,
noxious or dangerous material, or any material which is likely
to putrefy or to become a nuisance or danger to users of the
highway. Keep the contents of the skip damped down to prevent
dust nuisance and cover the contents during transit for disposal.
Card/Credit Card Payments taken by any Representative of Rubbish Express are done over the phone only, we do not store any customers card details on file at any time.
13. Cancellation/refund: The concept of this business is significantly different to other companies. Once a client/customer has placed waste into a skip/ Whn its delivered to required premise when order is placed and a licence is purchased on our behalf they have accepted full liability for this order and no cancellation or refund will be given at any point and this is made clear to all.